The conference will take place over two days, April 16-17, 2021
$100.00 – February 13, 2021 – April 15, 2020
We have two workshops for you this year
- Creating Effective Personalized Learning For Stem Skills: An Introduction To LON-CAPA For New Users: Friday, April 16th, 2:00-5:00 PM CDT
- Framing Design Projects in Engineering using Design Thinking: Saturday, April 17th, 12:30-2:00 PM CDT
Pre-register for Workshops by April 10th, 2021
There are no additional conference fees for attending both days or workshops this year!
Please join us for the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Grainger Celebration of Teaching. This is an annual even sponsored by the Grainger College of Engineering. No additional registration is needed, all registrants are welcome.
- Keynote address by Dr. Gilda Barabino, President, Olin College of Engineering
- Virtual poster presentations from our current Strategic Instructional Innovations Program (SIIP) teams
- Success stories of teaching and learning throughout Grainger College of Engineering over the last year
We also have a workshop Friday afternoon. Creating Effective Personalized Learning For Stem Skills: An Introduction To LON-CAPA For New Users where users can learn how to implement a Computer Assisted Personalized Approach in your engineering classroom. Please pre-register for the workshop, there is no fee.
Saturday includes programming for ASEE Illinois-Indiana section including speakers from our ASEE zone and national ASEE Board as well as paper and posters submitted for the conference and an Illinois-Indiana Business Meeting.
- Invited ASEE speakers John Brocato, Zone II Chair, and Doug Tougaw from the ASEE Board
- Keynote from 2020 IL-IN Outstanding Teacher of the Year winner, Collin McMillan from the University of Notre Dame
- Workshop from the Siebel Center for Design on Design Thinking Please pre-register for the workshop, there is no fee.
- Paper and poster presentations
Papers will be presented in lightning talks format. Lightning talks are short talks (5 minutes, 2 slides) that summarize the highlights of the paper and fuel discussion. Following each set of lightning talks will be a moderated Panel Q&A. Panel Q&As combine a few authors together that the program chairs will moderate.
Download a PDF of the Schedule here